> Sisters Foundation > Facts
- Established in 1979 as a charitable, not-for-profit 501 ( c ) (3)
corporation with the sole purpose of supporting the mission and
services of Sisters of Charity Hospital.
- Foundation offices are located across from Sisters Hospital at 2130 Main Street, Buffalo.
by a 30 member Board of Directors. The volunteer board represents a
cross section of business, civic, medical and professional interests in
the community and is legally responsible for directing the operation of
- Raised more than $17 million in the last 26 years in support of Sisters Hospital.
- Receives yearly assistance from over 100 volunteers in the business, professional and community sectors.
- Collaborates with the other Catholic Health foundations on major projects.
- Among the more than 100 hospital programs which have benefited directly from the Foundation’s support are:
|Ambulatory Surgery Center
|Domestic Violence Intervention Program
||Pulmonary Function Lab
|Eating Disorders Clinic
||St. Catherine Laboure
|Expressly for Women
||School Health Program
||Special Care Nursery
|Intensive Care Unit
||Department of Spiritual Care
|Labor & Delivery